Would you be comfortable giving a baby – your child, grandchild, niece or nephew – a bottle filled with untreated tap water? Odds are, the answer will be a resounding “no”. So if they wouldn’t feed it to a baby, why is it okay for them to drink it?
Water treatment can be an overwhelming subject for a lot of homeowners – the complexity, the cost, the logistics. That’s why so many homeowners opt for a makeshift solution to their water issues, rather than a true, long-term fix. They’ll spend hundreds of dollars a year on bottled water, or they’ll put a filter on their tap and think that will make a difference. But once you explain to them how easy whole-home water treatment can be, they just might change their minds.
One of the most terrifying water quality issues out there is microbiological contamination. E. coli, in particular, is one that causes great concern. Though it’s often associated with food contamination, water is just as susceptible. And what most homeowners don’t realize is that water softeners and filters won’t keep them safe from microorganisms like E. coli. Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection can. Installing a point-of-entry (POE) UV system can give the homeowner peace of mind, 24/7, that every tap in the house gives safe, clean water. UV is Simple BUT Effective
Traditional methods of disinfection, such as chlorine, are not effective against certain waterborne microorganisms, such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
Contrary to popular belief, Using a reverse osmosis as a primary filtration, on untreated water is no longer recognized as a complete barrier to microbiological contamination. UV disinfection is the most effective way of ensuring that the drinking water is clean and safe from microorganisms such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. A blanket of security for the consumer’s drinking water: No matter what the water source is, a UV system will always ensure that the water is safe from microbiological contamination. UV is a simple and inexpensive solution for water safety in the home. Municipal water is disinfected at the water treatment plant but what happens if contamination occurs in the distribution before that disinfected water reaches the private home? Municipal infrastructure is aging, and water main breaks and leaks are becoming more common. If water can get out of those pipes, contaminants can get in. Boil Water Advisory worries can be a thing of the past when a UV system is installed, regardless of where the water comes from.
Municipalities, on the other hand, are required to treat their water with chlorine and/or chloramine whether it comes from a well, a river or any other source. Treating the water with chlorine and/or chloramine is a great idea, since this has the potential to destroy a wide variety bacteria and other nasties that we really don't want to be ingesting if we want to stay healthy, nor do we want any stray bacteria finding its way into our tanks.
Chlorine has been added to drinking water supplies for years to kill bacteria.
It has only been fairly recently that chloramine are used as a disinfectant. ( Ammonia and chlorine that are mixed / chlorine and ammonia chemically bonded) has been used in place of chlorine due to its tendency to remain stable and not break down over a short period of time, thus providing protection over a longer period of time. Standard charbon will not remove CHLORAMINES, high performance Coconut Shell Catalytic Charbon Block, specially formulated for Reduction of Chloramines will.
Ask us how we can custom design, the perfect water treatment system for your family.
Did not find what you were looking for:
CALL or Email US, FOR SHIPPING DETAILS OR PRICING, etc... ( 1-866-668-9300 ) ( firstname.lastname@example.org )